Thursday, July 2, 2009

Arielle Kaigler-Hall: The Cover Girl

By Caitlin Quigley

Arielle Kaigler-Hall wants to be the cover girl.

“Cover girls represent beauty, strength and personality,” Kaigler-Hall says. “I want to master all of those things.”

Kaigler-Hall, 17, has always been the friendly, outgoing type. She loves meeting new people and trying different things.

She attends Corcoran High School in Syracuse, N.Y. She will be a senior in the fall of 2009.

“I really enjoy going to a public school because it lets me out of my shell and allows me to participate in more activities,” Kaigler-Hall says.

Kaigler-Hall used to attend Bishop Ludden, a private religious school. She wanted to leave that school after three years because, “I needed to expand my horizons and try something new,” she says.

While at Corcoran she has become even more involved. She participates in varsity tennis, Distributive Education Clubs of America (DECA), Big Brother Big Sister and International Baccalaureate classes. She is the vice president of her DECA chapter and she has written many times in Post Standard’s Voices, a page for teen writers.

“I always wanted to write for the newspaper and with Voices I could,” Kaigler-Hall says. “It was my time to shine.”

She was recently named Big Sister of The Year and this is something that she is proud of because, “it gave me someone else to care about.”

Kaigler-Hall’s reason for being so helpful and outgoing is her childhood. She grew up in Syracuse, N.Y. with her family. She said she believes her mom is the reason for her success.

“My mom has always gone out of her way to accommodate, encourage, and love me,” she says.

Kaigler-Hall isn’t sure what she hopes to do when she enters college in Fall 2010, but she knows she wants to do her best.

“I want to be a well-rounded person, but writing and journalism will definitely be my top choices,” she says.

Writing has always been her way to leave the world and, as she says, “let out her real feelings.”

“To me, a cover girl isn’t just a title, it’s an honor. But being a real cover girl would be an amazing dream,” Kaigler-Hall says. “The free makeup would be nice, too.”

-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment