Thursday, July 2, 2009

Katya Waters: Two-sided Personality

By Jamal Reed

Katya Waters has two competing parts of her personality.

On one hand she is focused and hard working. On the other she is open-minded and likes to have fun.

“I’m not afraid to act stupid, because that’s how I learn,” Waters said. “I’m confident, but I’m still a true blonde at heart.”

By “true blonde at heart,” Waters means she “can be myself and not be embarrassed.”

Waters is a 15-year-old sophomore at Nottingham High School. She loves hanging out with friends and playing sports. She’s the coxswain of the Bulldogs crew team and hopes to compete in college rowing.

Waters wants to spend her future at Rochester Institute of Technology and major in computer science. She is learning as much technology as she can in high school so that when she gets to college she will have an edge over other students.

Finishing high school is the first step to making it to the Promised Land for Waters.

Waters has a side that can sweep you off your feet. She enjoys dancing, attending house parties, shopping and chilling with her friends. Her clothes and swagger make a fashion statement about the life she sketches.

“I don’t stress myself out when I try to work hard,” Waters says. “I just laugh and take a break.”

-30-

1 comment: